Attorney – CPA – Realtors: We give your clients the White Glove treatment.
We don’t let the IRS determine our INCOME tax.
Why let the county assessor determine our PROPERTY tax?
Find out how much your clients can save by having a CPA that specializes in property taxes review both real and personal property tax payments.
The professionals that refer their clients to us say that they like having a CPA to solve their client property tax issues because we:
- Specialize, so we a can be more efficient.
- Charge a contingent fee, so the client only pays when we are successful.
- Represent clients for personal property tax audits. We will handle the entire audit and typically find refunds for up to 4 years. This can be a huge opportunity.
- Offer free reviews of existing valuations and tax payments.
- Provide guidance with complicated property tax issues surrounding change of ownership, new construction, partial interest transfers, escape assessments, etc.
We are ready to take care of your clients.
Shannon & Snyder CPAs are the go-to experts for property tax matters in California.
Generally, ownership changes of more than 50% cause properties to be reassessed at market value as of the date of change of ownership. This often occurs when estate planning attorneys advise their clients to transfer properties to trust or family partnerships. Likewise, property transfers after a death are subject to reassessment.
The Santa Clara County Assessor frequently values reassessments aggressively high. That’s where we come in.
We get frequent referrals from attorneys who think their clients are better served if we handle appeals of these new values because we specialize in property tax appeals and normally charge a contingent fee.
Attorneys have told us that it just doesn’t make sense for them to charge their hourly rates in an area that is not their specialty and may not result in the desired outcome.
Because of our experience with hundreds of appeals, we are familiar with the County appraisers, property tax transfer units and Assessment Appeals Boards.
Acting as agent for property owners, we take over the entire process and aggressively advocate for fair valuations. Your clients are in great hands with Shannon & Snyder CPAs.
If you are a practicing attorney in California, I invite you to contact me directly to see if we are a good fit to help your firm offer your clients the highest level of property tax assistance and the best results.
Bill Snyder CPA
Shannon & Snyder CPAs